Play Video, Photo, Music
From your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle Fire or any Android device
On your Google TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV or any Android device
* Send from your Android device or Kindle Fire to an Apple TV, Google TV, Amazon Fire TV or any Android device
- Send YouTube videos and other MP4 videos
- Send Photos from Gallery, Photos, Facebook apps and other Android apps
* Receive on your Amazon Fire TV, Google TV or any Android device from an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or another AirBuddy
- Play Video, photo and music
- Play Youtube videos
** Please note (Update 9/30/2014):
- With recent iOS8 update, Videos sent from from iOS8 devices do not play. I have a fix now - Please update to version 2.3 of the app to fix this issue.
- If you are sending videos from iOS devices with Latest Youtube app, please see here -
If you run into any issues, please contact me (email@example.com) - I''ll be happy to help.
Visit AirBuddy Website: http://www.airbuddyapp.com
For details on use of the permissions, please refer to the bottom of this description text.
AirBuddy adds AirPlay functionality to any Android device. All Android devices including Phone, Tablet, Set-top box, GoogleTV devices are supported.
For playback to AirBuddy, source of content can be any of the following -
• iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
• Another Android device with AirBuddy app installed it - AirBuddy can act as an Airplay Client/Remote
• Another Android device with any other Airplay client app installed
• iTunes on PC/Mac
This free version limits continuous playback to 15 minutes/15 photos. Please upgrade to remove this limitation.
Following special scenarios are not supported.
• Airplay Mirroring
• DRM protected movie playback (e.g. most movies purchased in iTunes)
• Airplay from Netflix App (this was added in Netflix app v5.0 for iOS 7)
Storage - Send pictures stored in SD Card and USB
run at startup - Starts AirPlay Server to keep it running in background
prevent device from sleeping - Keeps screen on only while playing video locally
allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception - Wifi-Multicast reception is required for AirPlay
find accounts on the device - Used for license verification
Connect your Android device to TV using HDMI (if available) to enjoy content on the big screen TV.
If you have an unused Android device, install this app on it and make the device do something more useful!