read the Apps for Education story here: http://cp2-software.tumblr.com/"
For a Bluetooth device to play music, it must support the A2DP (e.g. Stereo) standard, otherwise it can''t stream music (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile)
Have you ever wanted to get into your car and when Bluetooth connects to your phone the music just starts playing where it left off in the player of your choice?
This app is designed to tie the Bluetooth connect event to playing the music player of your choice. Unlike other auto-play options, this allows you to select the specific player that should be used. Do you want Spotify instead of Google Music Player, you can select that, do you want TuneIn instead of the Core Android music player, no problem.
Why would you want this? Some Bluetooth receivers do not play at all, some target the stock music player, this puts you in control of what happens when Bluetooth audio connects.
This App assumes you already have the subject Bluetooth device Paired to your phone using the BT device manufacturer''s unique approach. It won''t help Pair the device, the list that shows (as in the App picture) is a list of Paired (sometimes called Bonded) devices.
This App starts a Music App by package name and broadcasts "play" to start the player. NOT all players support this. Some players that work:
* Google Play Music
* Core Music Player
* Android Music
* Rocket Player
* iHeart Radio: Best if you select "Play last station on startup"
* Pandora: Must select "Bluetooth for Automotive" in settings
* TuneIn: Best if you select "Auto restart Player"
* Slacker: Best if you select "Resume Play on Startup"
* Maple MP3 player. Note: Must set "Respond to Headset Buttons" to ON
Explanation of Permissions:
* Network/Create Bluetooth connections: Obvious
* Phone Calls/Read phone state: If in a phone call, this app will wait until you hang up to start the music player
* System Tools/Change WiFi state: there is a Tweak that can turn off the WiFi if you want when Bluetooth connects.
* Network/view Wi-Fi state: support tweak Restore Wifi on disconnect so have to read Wifi state