The application support mainstream email protocols: Exchange ActiveSync (Exchange 2003, Exchange 2007, Exchange 2010, Microsoft BPOS platform), IMAP (google account, yahoo mail, etc.) and POP3.
The application syncs your Enterprise contacts and calendar events in the standard android applications. Emails and Tasks are stored in the ExMail application databases.
Extra functionalities available with Exchange accounts;
- task synchronization (requires at least Exchange2003 sp2)
- authentication with client certificates
- search contacts in enterprise directory (Global Address List)
- import contacts from enterprise directory
- server search emails for Exchange
ExMail applies exchange activesync policies such as device PIN, Remote Wipe, Client certificate and Data encryption of corporate data.
ExMail may receive device administrator privilege during Exchange policies provisioning. To uninstall you must use the option available in the app general menu.
Tags: Exchange, Mail, Email, ActiveSync, GAL, Addressbook, Client certificate, Push