All you need is a phone with a Russian SIM card. This will allow you to order a Rutaxi, get order confirmation, status updates and inform you when your taxi has arrived as well as the car model and license plate number. If you spend a lot of time in Russia, the Rutaxi app can even save you favourite addresses so ordering a taxi is as easy as 1, 2, 3... Besides a flat rate, you may order by the hour.
Important before you use
First you should know about Russian addresses, they vary from abroad. Besides having a numerical address, some buildings may have several buildings for one address so you must enter the building number in the correct field. Also every building may have several entrances so you must fill in this field too. Ex.: Lenin 75 building 2 entrance 3. Also a Russian keyboard found in the settings section of you phone is required.
How to use
1. Once you download the app, the first screen which appears asks you to enter a city.
2. Now you must register, do this by entering your ten digits Russian SIM card telephone number. Tap ‘get by sms’ icon and prompt appears that you are requesting a password. Hit Yes and a password will be sent to your number/ The sms will respond with rutaxi.ru: and a 5 or 6 digit password. From there enter your password in the correct field and hit save. You will now be directed to the order a taxi page.
3. Once you tap on the pick up field, enter the first 3 or more characters with your Russian keyboard and tap the search symbol. A chronological list will pop up listing possible streets, bus stops and popular places, tap the desired link. If it is a street address, follow these steps. Tap the street and you will be asked for a numerical address. As stated before it may require a building number too. Ex. Lenin could be 74 or 74/1 or 74/2 or 74/a and so on. If there is a building number enter the forward slash / and then the building number after the address. Tap enter, then enter the entrance number and then add to route. If it is a bus stop or popular place, highlight field and add to route.
4. Now enter where are you going to in the field marked ‘to:’ Repeat step 3 and enter add to route.
5. You will automatically receive the cost in rubles. From there you may tap order or add another destination if doing multiple trips by tapping add to route and repeat step 3 again. When you have added all destinations tap order.
6. You will receive a preview of you order, look it over and tap yes if it is OK.
7. You will receive a message telling you your order is successfully complete, tap close.
8. You will receive a SMS confirming your order has been placed with all info about your order.
9. Next you will receive a message that your car is here with the model colour and license plate number. Go to your taxi. You may also get a phone call, tap answer and after 3 seconds tap end. This tells our system you are going down. It is automated no need to speak.