Ambient Noise Reduction (ANR) feature, allows to record conversations in any noisy environment - street, train, classroom or an airplane while still maintaining clear voice. Slow play-speed allows transcription users and new-language-learners to slow down and listen clearly to a fast speaker while Fast play-speed cuts short the time required to listen to a long recording without missing any part.
These unique features, combined with the ability to record in background, make ClearRecord must have for anyone interested in recording.
• Get noise free recordings in any noisy environment like traffic, airplane, restaurant, etc
• Play your recordings fast to quickly listen to a long lecture or speech, without missing any part
• Play slow to suit your comfort level, while listening to fast speakers
• Record speech, lectures and conversations at 16 kHz and live music performance and natural sounds at 44.1 kHz
• Record in background while running other apps in the foreground.
• Ambient Noise Reduction [ANR]: Suppresses ambient noise captured during recording
• Play Speed Control: Play the recording at speeds of 0.5x, 0.75x, 1.25x or 1.5x without modifying pitch quality
• Supports sampling frequency of 16 kHz for voice recordings and 48 kHz for music recordings
• All recordings in WAV format. Files can be easily played on PC through standard media players.
• Supports recording in the background.
• Elegant user interface and design for easy usage.
• Recorded files stored on external memory (SD card) providing easy access for file transfer.
• Essential features like pause, re-name, seek, delete a recording
• Supports sharing of recordings via Gmail, Bluetooth and Dropbox
• Volume level indicator during recording
Lite version limitations
• Ambient Noise Reduction feature can be used during playback in Lite version. This would help evaluate the noise reduction feature. ANR can be turned ON during recording in Premium version to get noise-free recordings.
• Lite version supports play speeds of 0.75x and 1.25x. Play speeds of 0.5x and 1.5x are available in ClearRecord Premium version.
• Good quality microphones are preferred for recording
• Application is best viewed on phones with aspect ratio of 1.5 or higher.
Testing and compatibility
The application has been tested on these phones –
Google Nexus One, HTC Wildfire, Motorola Droid X, Samsung Galaxy 3, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy Spica(I5700), Google Nexus 7 and multiple other android phones
Issues fixed so far
• Resolved issue on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean version)
• Resolved issue with background recording
• Resolved issue with playback of recording on screen lock
Also available on iStore for iPhone/iPod