IR (codecollection in Beta)
- All major TV brands (e.g. Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic) and cable boxes supported (> 3,000 devices in total)
- Requires line of sight to device
- Remote control supports current Samsung TVs (generations C, D, E and F)
- Reads current channel setup when available in TV (generations E and F)
- Requires handset and TV to be connected to same network, but no line of sight to device necessary
Using this app you have the unique ability to switch channels and adjust volume just by swiping across the screen – you no longer have to look at your smartphone just to control your TV!
The WiFi option works with most Samsung Smart TVs of Series C, D, E and F. Please be aware that auto detection will work properly with Series E and F, just as some of Series D. With Series C and D please ensure that ''Remote Control'' within your TV settings is enabled. Routers without UPnP enabled (this prevents auto detection) will require you to enter the IP address manually.
How to use the app:
1. Please make sure that the smartphone and your TV are both connected to the same WLAN
2. Make sure the TV is turned on and start the app – it will now search automatically for the TV (in some cases it might be necessary to completely close the app after the installation before detecting the TV)
3. If your TV (on the TV screen) requires approval for the connection please press OK
On mobile devices with an IR transmitter built in, you are also offered to use IR to control the TV or cablebox. This feature is known to operate the built-in IR transmitter of the following devices:
Samsung Galaxy S IV
Samsung Galaxy S IV mini
Samsung Galaxy MEGA
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 plus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
and other compatible devices. Please let us know if it works on a device not listed here.
For connecting to a Philips TV using WiFi please check our other apps.