Media5-fone is the best and most comprehensive Mobile VoIP SIP Softphone application that enables you to make and receive free or inexpensive phone calls over the Internet using a Wi-Fi or 3G connection.
You will need to have a VoIP SIP account with your company, or sign up for an account with your favorite SIP provider to use the Media5-fone.
The Media5-fone is compatible with Enterprise IP-PBX and SIP servers from:
• Aastra, Asterisk, Avaya, Broadsoft, Ericsson, FreePBX, FreeSwitch, Kamailio, Mediatrix 4100iPBX Series, Nokia-Siemens, Nortel CS1K, CS2k, CS5200, OpenSIPS, Panasonic, Samsung, Siemens OpenScape and HiPath, sipXecs, Sylantro, And many moreÉ
• Easy to configure:
- Flexible Codec selection and prioritization.
- Authentication Username.
- Dial plan.
- Pre-configured list of SIP Service Providers.
- Selectable ringtone.
- Customizable tab bar.
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation / Automatic Microphone Gain Control.
- Highly interoperable.
• Telephony/Communications Features:
- Make and Receive VoIP Calls over Wi-Fi and 3G.
- SIP URI Dialing support (e.g. sip:email@example.com).
- Audio routing (Loudspeaker / Handset / Wired Headset / Bluetooth Earpiece) / Mute.
- Complete access to the native contact list.
- Favorites / Speed Dial.
- Call History / Contact management.
- Voicemail integration / notification (SIP MWI).
- Hold / Resume / Redial.
- In call contact picture.
- Configurable DTMF (SIP INFO / RFCs 2833/4733 / RTP Inband).
- Included: G.711 (uLaw & ALaw), iLBC.
- Purchasable: Enhanced G.711, G.722 (Wideband), iSAC (HD), G.729 Annex-A & B.
- Support for UDP and TCP.
- Call Waiting / 2nd Call / Call Toggle / Call Transfer / Conference.
- Switch between Multiple SIP accounts (one registration at a time).
- Secured SIP Transport (TLS).
- Secured Encrypted Media (SRTP) with SDES.
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese.
• See the "Media5-fone support" link below
• Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Media5 Corporation is not a telephony provider; you must previously obtain a SIP account from your SIP IP-PBX IT administrator or from your SIP Service Provider. Media5-fone IS OPEN (UNLOCKED) AND THEREFORE NOT ATTACHED TO ANY SIP TELEPHONY PROVIDER.
• Allowing VoIP over 3G - Important note: Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) over their data network or impose additional fees and/or charges when using VoIP over their network. Please ask your mobile network operator before enabling the VoIP over 3G feature. Please contact the Media5-fone Technical Assistance Center for any concern related to VoIP over 3G.