Unlike other chord charts app, Chord! doesn''t rely on a database of charts. Instead, it computes and analyses all the possible fingerings.
You don''t even have to know music theory to use it: behind its brute force, the app knows how to handle by itself some subtleties of music in order to give meaningful results.
If you don''t have to be an advanced player to use the app, you can however take a look under the hood and tweak the parameters if you like! Whatever is your level or your instrument, Chord! will adapt and give you the most precise answer.
This is the free version with fully functional chord search, but only 5 scales instead of 400 and 8 tunings, no reverse chord and scale search and no custom tunings database. The fingering engine is the same as the paid version.
You can search for practically any chord, split (like D/F#) or not. If you''re a beginner, you can choose the chord from a list, but you can also use the intelligent keyboard to enter the chord as it is written. If this keyboard is a great way to enter chords, it is also very useful to discover and understand how the chords are formed. You can hear how each fingering sounds. With the paid version of the app, you can also enter some notes on a neck to find which chords it can be.
Chords are not all and the app is also shipped with the biggest list of named scales (but only 5 in this free version). It analyses and presents them with interactive views (scale, score and keyboard). Of course it can also lay down these scales on a neck (with sound). Like for chords, with the full version, you can even search for a scale from its fingering, harmonize it (decompose it into chords) or you can also enter a sequence of chords to find which scale you can use to improvise onto.
In this free version, there is only a few tunings, but the full version is shipped with a more than a hundred tunings and allows you to add you own ones, for any instrument, with or without a capo, even with broken strings if you want!
The app uses custom and unique algorithms to generate charts, easily input complex harmonic structures, extract chords from fingerings, determine fingers positions, compute keys of scales, generate chords from scales and find scales that go well with some chords.
For example, Chord! is the right tool in these situations:
• You''re a beginner and you want to know how to play easily a D/F# chord;
• One gave you an ukulele and you want to know how to tune it and how to play the G Major scale;
• You want to know on what scale you can improvise for some chord sequence (and the answer can be different than the Pentatonic minor!) (Full version only);
• While transcripting a song by ear, you''ve found something and you would like to know which chord is it and other ways to play it (Full version only);
• You want to experiment this nice open tuning, moreover with a bottleneck;
• Your little sister can''t make bar chords and you want to show her how she can do without bars, with three (little) fingers only;
• You want to impress your little sister by showing her how you can play the same chords with two bars!
• You want to understand how this fingering for C13 is actually a fingering for C13;
• You broke a string and want to know how to play some chords without (Full version only);
• You want to know how Django managed to play with two and a half fingers.
The app fully support left-handed instruments.
Translated in: English, French, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Spanish .
See http://getchord.com for more informations.
Main functions of the app:
- Search chord fingerings;
- Search chords from fingerings (Full version only);
- Search scale fingerings;
- Search scales from fingerings (Full version only);
- Search chords from scale;
- Search scales from chords(Full version only).