We love SkyORB because it not only offers 3D images of the planets and the stars in the sky, along with comets and asteroids, but it also comes a ''point to sky'' feature that allows you to aim your handset towards a star or planet and it''ll identify it for you.
- PC Advisor
SkyORB features many functions as a 3D real-time representation of the planets position around the sun, the ability to hold your device and point toward a visible star and planet and reveal the name by tracking the GPS position, compass orientation, the elevation from the gyroscope, warn the user when a phenomenon is occurs as a full moon, a planet really visible, which is worth the observation.
What you will get with SkyORB
• Fast and lightweight.
• a 3D real-time planetarium with photo-realistic rendering from Mercury to Pluto, Uranus and Saturn and every moons, including deep space exploration up to 50 parsecs.
• a 3D real-time sky rendering, with tracking from compass and gyroscope, see the nebula from Messier and Caldwell classification.
• Comets and satellites positions, with update from the Web for latest entries, including near earth asteroids.
• Weather forecast from current location,
• Ephemeris including next 60 days astronomy events, including peak day of meteors showers, date of planet elongation and opposition.
• Display day/night terminator on a world map,
• Powerful universal search engine: type few letter and find a matching nebula, constellation, place, planets and more.
• Moon phases with dates, including rise and set times,
• Ability to simulate the sky from any place in the world and even from other planet like Mars
• Ability to move fast forward and backward in time,
• Enhanced for latest Android devices,
• Be alerted when a phenomenon (planet at its brightest, opposition, aphelia, full/new moon, eclipse) is occurring with local notifications (can be disabled).
New in SkyORB 2.1
• Now free to try.
• Improved star map rendering, including fisheye projection
• Updated settings page, sub page can be now accessed by swiping left to right, removing the clutter.
• More robust MPC updater.
• Ability to render from the solar system to the milky way.
• Improved 3D engine, updated for latest tablet and devices.
• Improved rise and set time notifications
• Space view reacts with accelerometer, and addressed glitches.
• OpenGL ES 3.0 support.
Check out our Facebook page:
Check out our Twitter page:
Check out the app website for more information, documentation, videos and more at