Android 4.4 / KitKat: The app has to be moved to the /system/priv-app folder for it to be able to acquire the correct permissions.
NOTE: Starting with Android 4.0/ICS, 3rd Party apps don''t have access to write APN settings, hence this app no longer works for restoring APN backups as a normal app. You can convert it to a System app using Titanium Backup on a rooted phone and use.
- Open Titanium Backup
- Go to backup/restore tab
- Find APN Backup & Restore on the list
- Long press on the app when you find it
- Select Convert to system app
- Open APN Backup & Restore
- Click menu and disable ICS check
Thanks to Joaquín for the instructions.
Report any problems on my site or email me with details.