Thrutu comes with six different buttons built in, each a fun and easy way to share information and media during a conversation.
- Location: callers can see each other’s position on a map, updating live as they move.
- Camera: snap and share a photo during a call
- Doodle: instantly share sketches - or annotate maps and photos - during a call.
- Gallery: select and share a photo from those already stored on the phone.
- Contacts: share contact details that will appear instantly in the other caller’s address book.
- Prod: for the first time, you can convey touch in a phone call! Playfully poke the other person by causing their phone to vibrate during the call.
In addition, Thrutu now lets you install extra buttons, many built by the development community using Thrutu''s APIs. There are several to choose from, including:
- PayPal: send money, instantly and securely, to the person you''re talking to
- Meet Me: quickly find the best place to meet in person
- Shared Search: search and browse the web together
- Coin Flip: make decisions or settle arguments with the flip of a coin
Plus many more! In Thrutu Central you''ll find classic games including Tic Tac Toe, shared access to social sites like Flickr and Twitter, and other useful and fun sharing functions - and with new buttons being built all the time, the potential for new sharing capabilities is limitless.
Thrutu also helps you share rich content when you''re not on a phone call. From Thrutu’s Contacts or History tab you can choose to send a message to share your location, photos and more using an SMS text message, or interactively if the other person has Thrutu.
Thrutu is changing the conversation. And we’re just beginning.
** Also available on iPhone and BlackBerry! **
With Thrutu, simply make a phone call in the normal way and Thrutu will automatically appear. If you both have Thrutu you''ll get live updating maps and near-instant sharing. If you don''t both have Thrutu, or if you don''t have simultaneous a voice and data connection, then Thrutu will offer to share by SMS.
To share directly and interactively using Thrutu your phone needs WiFi, 3G or 4G coverage; it also needs access to the voice and data networks simultaneously, and not all networks support this - for example, in the US, Verizon and Sprint''s 3G networks can''t do it. (It''s because they are CDMA-based.) In these situations you can still use Thrutu to conveniently share using SMS.
To activate Thrutu we send an SMS to your phone. In most cases activation is fully automatic, but if you see an SMS with a Thrutu link in it please click it to complete activation.
Our activation process verifies your phone number to make sure no-one else can intercept things people share with you. This process is now succeeding for 97% of users, but if you''re unlucky enough that it doesn''t work for you please use Menu -> Report Problem and we''ll try our best to sort it out.