members and HKTB Quality Tourism Services (QTS) Scheme-accredited visitor
The Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB), in conjunction with Cathay Pacific Airways, brings
you the Discover Hong Kong‧AR to help you experience everything Hong Kong has to offer.
Use your phone’s camera to scan your surroundings and, with Augmented Reality (AR)
technology, the app recognises what the camera is seeing and provides images, information
and directions depending on where and what you''re looking at. You don''t need an Internet
connection to use this app, as all the maps and information are available offline, meaning no
extra roaming charges on your phone bill*. And English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified
Chinese are supported.
• The latest info on the city''s unique attractions, the ''must sees'', great outdoors,
family fun, fascinating culture and heritage and hot events.
• Over 7,000 shops and restaurants including those belonging to the HKTB''s Quality
Tourism Services Scheme (QTS).
• A wealth of info on 500 restaurants and Hong Kong’s varied cuisine.
• Info on prices, facilities, food & beverage and directions for over 150
accommodation providers, including Hong Kong Hotels Association and HKTB QTS
How it works:
• Turn on the AR function and it will show your current location in the city, point out
various nearby spots of interest such as attractions, restaurants, food districts and
shops, as well as provide you with directions to your destination.
• Search for restaurants by district or cuisine type.
• Search for shops by district or shop type.
• Search for accommodation by area or accreditation scheme membership.
• Check out what''s on in Hong Kong for the latest hot events in town.
• Shows distances and how-to-get-there information for easy navigation.
*When the ''Update'' button is pressed, internet connection is initiated. When connected to
the internet via cellular data, data roaming charges might apply and an alert message will
pop up to remind you. There are no roaming charges when using Wi-Fi.
** Supports mobile phones running Android 4.0.3 or above and screen size up to 1080 x