- smartphone or tablet with Android version 2.3 or higher
Many thanks for all the encouragement and five star ratings! We are overwhelmed and extremely motivated!
Last Changes in Version 1.1.0:
• More: NEW - Share wireless LAN with friends. Display and forward the QR code of the FRITZ!Box''s wireless LAN guest access on a smartphone. (Thanks to K. Wend, Nico Amberg)
• More: NEW - Administer the wireless guest access of the FRITZ!Box in the app. (Thanks to Michael Nowak, Zona Antifa, Everett Dalton)
• System: NEW – Feature: Screen with "What''s new" display the first time the app is started.
• System: Redesigned WPS and WLAN dialogs.
• System: App available in German, English and Italian
• System: Errors corrected in response to feedback from the developer console
*Information about the WLAN test:the integrated iperf client program makes it possible to measure the maximum data throughput via TCP and UDP between smartphone or tablet and the target computer within a network. FRITZ!App WLAN acts as a client, any remote site as a iperf server. During the tests the different parameters of the TCP/UDP protocol are altered; ping, DNS and HTTP requests are sent to gather information concerning the available bandwidth, latency, fluctuation and data loss in the network.
Information about the user rights required for this app:
• Device ID: The device ID is used to store the password securely in each individual device.
• Call information: Along with the Device ID, the call information belong to a group predefined by Google. This call information is not used by the app.
• Microphone: The microphone and the camera belong into a group predefined by Google. This microphone function is not used by the the app.
• Access to the camera: necessary for reading the QR code
• Vibration: Haptic feedback to confirm that the QR code has been read
• Camera flash: May also be needed to read the QR code
• Wake lock: For switching the screen timeout on and off
• Change or delete contents of USB storage/SD card: For the sharing function information is cached locally before sending
• Test access to protected memory: Check for write rights on USB storage/SD card for sharing function
• Change network connectivity: Establish and clear wireless LAN connections
• Change system settings: Save sorting sequence of radio networks
• Call up wireless LAN connections: Check whether WLAN is switched on/off
• Call up network connections: Check status of wireless LAN connections
• Access to all networks: Query of the FRITZ!Box firmware/model number