IF YOU DON''T KNOW WHAT LOCALE/TASKER ARE, YOU DON''T NEED THIS APP!
To manually turn on/off the Hotspot functionality, use the "Hotspot Toggle" instead.
Please do not rate this app with 1 star if you failed to read or understand the previous paragraphs, because that is not the problem of this software. Thanks.
For Android 2.2 and above. It uses an unsupported (but publicly available) API, so it might not work on your phone.
If you use the plugin, please rate it.
Note: This plug-in does NOT make your phone hotspot-capable if it was not before. It is also not intended to avoid any costs charged on you by the provider for using the Wifi Hotspot (Mobile AP).
Tested by me on the following phones:
- Nexus 1
- Nexus S
- Galaxy Tab
- Samsung Galaxy S III (I9300)
Reported by users:
- Nexus 1 (1 report)
- Galaxy Nexus (1 report)
- Samsung Galaxy S (1 report)
- Samsung Galaxy S II (4 reports)
- Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) (1 report)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) (1 report)
- Dell Streak (1 report)
- HTC EVO (2 reports)
- HTC Desire (1 report)
- Motorola Droid II (1 report)
- Motorola Droid Bionic (1 report)
Reported not working:
- HTC Wildfire (2 reports)
- HTC Sensation (2 reports)
- Touch 4G (1 report)
- HTC Thunderbolt (1 report)
- Verizon HTC Rezound (3 reports)
Please share your experience directly with me (by email) and I''ll add your phone to the list. Reports last updated: 2013-01-17.
Keywords: Locale Plug-in, plugin, Wifi, Wi-Fi, Hotspot, Mobile AP, Access Point, Tether, Tethering, 3G, Connection sharing.