Tabata is a form of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) based on a study by Izumi Tabata. It initially consisted of one exercise carried out intensively during 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest after it. This exercise was looped 8 times, giving a total of 4 minutes.
Summary of features:
- HIIT timer;
- Start/pause/stop controls;
- Definition of rest and exercise time;
- Definition of the number of rounds;
- Definition of any number of exercises, with textual descriptions, that form a custom workout/training;
- Text-to-speech engine to read exercises'' names to guide users throughout their workouts/trainings;
- Sound alerts: Resting; Exercising; Darth Vader breath stimulator; Workout completed;
- Languages supported: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian;
- No ads and no special access permissions required;
- Sound, speech and display sleeping mode configurable;
- Ability to export current workout (it can be imported in Wrkout Pro) [WARNING: workouts cannot be imported from Google Drive on some versions of Android];
- Horizontal layout and Tablet support;
- Customizable sounds;
- Ability to disable the background gradient;
- No special permissions.
See also: Wrkout Pro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=igordcard.wrkout).
Main keywords: workout, fitness, training, hiit, tabata, timer.