- realtime display of lightning data
- display of historical lightning data of the last 24 hours
- support for regions Europe, USA and Australia/New Zealand
- lightning strike time color coded
- reduced data volume and fast response
- current lightning strike time and lightning count
- optional user location display
- alarm function shows distance/direction of storms
- alarm background service
- support for notifications and vibration alarm
- single stroke display for blitzortung.org participants
The raster display ensures a fast performance of the application even if there is a very high thunderstorm activity. Blitzortung.org participants can visualize all stroke locations individually.
If you would like to contribute to a translation of the software in your language, please do not hesitate to contact the author of the software.
Note to Australian/US west coast users: The blitzortung.org network is currently concentrated on the eastern part of the continent. If you would like to help to extend the coverage to other parts of australia/US, please participate in the blitzortung.org network. Further information can be found here http://blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?page=2. Thank you!
Project Repository: https://github.com/wuan/bo-android
Please note that version 1.1.0 does not work on devices where freed wakelocks do not ignore the timeout if they are already free, but crash the application instead. This is solved with 1.1.1.
Using the GPS location provider in combination with the background service can lead to high battery use. Please use the network or the passive location provider for background operation.