# FEATURES AND LIMITATIONS #
* Uses the VpnService API featured by Android 4+. Devices by some manufacturers seem to lack support for this - strongSwan VPN Client won''t work on these devices!
* Uses the IKEv2 key exchange protocol (IKEv1 is currently not supported)
* Full support for changed connectivity and mobility through MOBIKE (or reauthentication)
* Supports username/password EAP authentication (namely EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-MD5 and EAP-GTC) as well as RSA private key/certificate authentication to authenticate users
* Combined RSA and EAP authentication is supported by using two authentication rounds as defined in RFC 4739
* VPN gateway certificates are verified against the CA certificates pre-installed or installed by the user on the system. The CA or server certificates used to authenticate the gateway can also be imported directly into the app.
* The IPsec implementation currently supports the AES-CBC, AES-GCM and SHA1/SHA2 algorithms
* Passwords are currently stored as cleartext in the database (only if stored with a profile)
# EXAMPLE GATEWAY CONFIGURATION #
This client can be used with the following gateway configuration that is also compatible with the Windows 7 Agile VPN client:
But please note that the host name configured with a VPN profile in the app *must be* contained in the gateway certificate as subjectAltName.
# FEEDBACK #
Please post bug reports and feature requests on our wiki: http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/issues
If you do so, please include information about your device (manufacturer, model, OS version etc.).
The log file written by the key exchange daemon can be sent directly from within the application.